Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dredd - Movie review

Feeling undecided which movie to watch? Now, you do not have to feel fretful anymore because DREDD must be your choice if you are looking for a movie that is exciting and terrifying!
Before I start my review of this movie, I would like to note that this movie is only for people who are 18 years old above. There is a few violent scene that is not suitable to be watch by kids. 

Dredd is a 2012 science fiction action movie directed by Pete Travis, produced and written by Alex Garland. The story is about in the high rise slum known as Peach Trees, the former prostitute now had turned into drug lord Ma-Ma (Lena Headey). She has skinned 3 men alive and displayed their bodies in the public as to send a message to everyone that no one should mess up with her. Karl Urban stars Judge Dredd and Olivia Thirlby stars Judge Anderson are being sent in to investigate. When Dredd and Judge Anderson arrest one of the men responsible for skinning off the 3 men's skin, Ma-Ma and her army hack into the Hall of Justice's computer system, enabling them to lock down the high rise and trapping Dredd and Anderson inside. Ma-Ma then orders everyone to find and execute the judges.
                                                Judge Anderson (Olivia Thirlby)
                                                            Ma-Ma (Lena Headey)

I personally feel that Dredd is an stunning movie. I really enjoyed the script because it has an really exciting plot. I like the premise of Dredd and Judge Anderson are being locked inside the building while Ma-Ma's thugs and every other vigilante living inside the slim trying to kill them. It was so exciting that I could not stop staring at the screen. I can not even sit properly because I was too anxious to know what is going to be happen next. This shows that how exciting Dredd is.

Speaking of the violent scene, Dredd is relatively violent. There are lots of brutality and bloodshed scene that makes me feels the pain too. However, I was quite of disapointed with the ending. As I thought the confrontation between Dredd and Ma-Ma conclusion was nowhere near as intense as it should be. Yet, it is not enough to ruin the movie by any means. Overall, I would rate this movie 4 out of 5!  ☆  
If you had not seen it, go and watch it! http://youtu.be/PifvRiHVSCY 
It has great visuals, proper performances and good script. You will like it!



                                                                            By: Chong Yie Nee

No comments:

Post a Comment